CROWNS AND BRIDGES
A crown is a cap placed over the entire tooth surface to restore its shape, size, strength and/or appearance. Crowns are used:
- To attach a bridge
- When a filling is too large for the tooth to support
- To protect a cracked or broken tooth
- To cover a tooth with a root canal
- For cosmetic enhancement
Porcelain / Ceramic crowns. Today’s technology creates crowns made of ceramic materials that are natural looking in shape and color, leave no black edge at the gum line and can last 20-30 years.
Metal crowns. Crowns made of gold, silver or porcelain over metal, the standard for crowns for many years, are still occasionally used.
SpringLove Dentistry strives to make crowns that look and feel like the real thing – a “natural” and bright smile.
A bridge replaces missing teeth with natural-looking, artificial teeth. The types of bridges are:
- Fixed and removable bridges. These attach artificial teeth to the adjoining healthy teeth with crowns.
- Implant bridge. This attaches artificial teeth under the gum tissue or directly to the jaw.
SpringLove Dentistry can help you determine the best bridge option for your mouth to improve your dental health and restore your happy smile.