Usually detectable and curable, oral cancer can affect lips, cheek lining, gums, tongue, floor and roof of the mouth, and back toward the throat. About 30,000 new cases of oral cancer are found each year. Regular oral cancer screenings stand as your first line of detection and defense against this cancer.
Always report to Dr. Kim or Dr. Wu if you discover any of these possible signs:
- Sores that bleed easily or do not heal
- Lumps or spots that are thick or hard
- Persistently rough or crusted areas
- Numbness, pain or tenderness that may be new or persisting
- Problems chewing, swallowing, speaking, or moving any part of your mouth and tongue
SpringLove Dentistry routinely screens for oral cancer at every checkup and cleaning. We are your physicians of the oral cavity.