Dental emergencies can be painful and stressful. Whether the emergency is a lost filling/crown, chipped tooth, loose tooth, abscessed tooth or tooth that has been knocked out, please call SpringLove Dentistry as soon as possible. We provide same day service for dental emergencies, regardless of whether or not you are a current patient. Our goal is to address your immediate dental need so you can start smiling again.
There are also steps you can take to minimize the pain and damage until you make it to SpringLove Dentistry.
- Over-the-counter pain relievers can make you more comfortable, but be sure to use them as directed. Taking more than the recommended dosage, or holding a pill against your gums, can be harmful.
- Choose soft foods that are neither cold nor hot.
- If a tooth has been knocked out, rinse it very gently and place it back in the socket or in a clean container of milk.
- Broken or loose dental restorations can often be secured temporarily with denture adhesive or buying an over-the-counter temporary filling material at your local pharmacy.
- Visit the emergency room or your general physician if you have suffered broken bones, facial injury, or you are bleeding profusely.
- Always remain calm, particularly if you are caring for an injured child.