SpringLove Dentistry's Blog
On this subject, there is no longer a debate: “People with diabetes, especially uncontrolled diabetes, have more gum disease than those without diabetes,” according to the American Dental Association. “Now, scientists are finding that gum disease may raise blood sugar levels in people with and without diabetes. … the good news is that in people with type 2 diabetes, treatment of severe disease (for instance, deep cleaning) can lead to a drop in blood sugar levels.” For residents of Spring, TX, SpringLove Dentistry can help you maintain a healthy mouth and alert you to the dental signs of diabetes and periodontal disease.
Diabetes and periodontal disease – a dangerous partnership
Research suggests an interactive relationship between periodontal disease and diabetes. An article published in the January 2012 issue of Diabetologia reported findings by a group of medical experts in periodontology and diabetes: “Epidemiological data confirm that diabetes is a major risk factor for periodontitis; susceptibility to periodontitis is increased by approximately threefold in people with diabetes. There is a clear relationship between degree of hyperglycaemia and severity of periodontitis.”
- Serious gum disease has been found to negatively affect blood glucose control, which can contribute to the advancement of diabetes.
- If your blood glucose levels are poorly controlled, you are more likely to develop periodontal disease and lose more teeth than non-diabetics.
- People with diabetes are found to be more susceptible to bacterial infections and have a reduced ability to fight the bacteria, which increases the risk of bacteria infecting the gums, leading to periodontal disease.
- You must control your blood glucose level.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily.
- Get regular check-ups at SpringLove Dentistry so we can watch for early signs of gum disease and stop its growth.
Visit your Spring, TX dentist today
Make an appointment with SpringLove Dentistry today so you can enjoy a healthy life and happy smiles.
To everyone in Spring, TX from the SpringLove Dentistry doctors and staff, we wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!
What do Tom Cruise, Celine Dion and Catherine Zeta Jones have in common? A perfect smile! But they weren’t born that way, nor were many other big name celebrities. They achieved their camera-ready smiles with the help of cosmetic dentistry. When performed by expert cosmetic dentists, the dental work looks totally natural. From teeth whitening to straightening to replacement, celebrities enjoy beautiful smiles. And so can you, with the help of the Spring, TX cosmetic dentists at SpringLove Dentistry.
Superstar smiles were made, not born
Many dental issues can cause less than perfect smiles. Which treatments do some of today’s most famous celebrities need to give them the superstar smiles you see on screen and online? You might be surprised to know:
Nicholas Cage required porcelain veneers to correct his crooked, discolored teeth, and the resulting smile makes him look years younger.
Celine Dion needed dental crowns and teeth whitening to perfect her on-stage smile.
Tom Cruise had crooked, overlapping and chipped teeth as a teen. A combination of veneers, braces and teeth whitening gave him that male model smile.
Jennifer Garner uses teeth whitening and veneers to maintain her attractive, radiant appearance.
Zack Efron eliminated a large gap between his two front teeth with veneers, straightened crooked teeth with invisible braces and perfected his engaging smile with teeth whitening.
Catherine Zeta Jones wore braces as a child, and later needed veneers to remove gaps and adjust the uneven size of her teeth. Regular teeth whitening helps Catherine retain her youthful, beautiful smile.
Cosmetic dentistry options to make you look like a star
You don’t have to live with a smile you don’t love. At SpringLove Dentistry, cosmetic dental treatments can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted:
- Porcelain veneers can change the shape, size, shade or symmetry of your front teeth and completely transform your smile.
- Invisalign allows you to straighten your teeth nearly invisibly, without the metal-mouth appearance and discomfort of traditional braces.
- Porcelain crowns create new tooth structure and strengthen your smile when a tooth is too worn or damaged to use veneers.
- Dental implants can restore entire teeth in the most secure and health-conscious way possible.
- Teeth whitening is the most requested cosmetic dental procedure in America. Yellowed or stained teeth from coffee and tea, medications, smoking or just normal aging can be made white and bright again.
Smile makeovers and cosmetic dentistry at SpringLove Dentistry
We can correct a variety of problems with the many cosmetic dentistry options now available. Call SpringLove Dentistry in Spring, TX today and experience your own superstar smile!